Creative Preschool Curriculum Ideas
You could come up with creative preschool curriculum ideas on your own or
you can purchase a great preschool homeschool curriculum that is all
ready to go.
I have done both. When I had only preschoolers at home
my little ones followed me around and we enjoyed a great time
together in our preschool daily schedule. I came up with some fun
Coming up with new preschool curriculum ideas when I started homeschooling was fun.
preschool homeschool curriculum does not have to be complicated. A good home school preschool program can be as easy as finding fun
activities around the house.
So I am sharing them with you! ENJOY!
- Teeth, bed, cleaning, folding laundry,
- This can all be done in your "normal life routine". Your
preschooler will learn as she follows you around the house.
- There is no better curriculum than imitating mommy.
- Alphabet sounds, letter recondition, handwriting
alphabet books and letters is an easy way to teach alphabet
Practice writing two numbers and two letters (these can be taken
from the 100 Easy Lessons book below).
Reading - cuddling together with books on the couch!
- I read many
stories aloud. The children picked out the stories they liked when
we went the local library.
- 30 minute before they went to bed,
they would read silently.
- Pledge of allegiance, calendar, weather, animals, senses,
magnets, healthy habits, life cycles, simple experiments.
- Talk about the weather.
Go to the zoo.
Let them help you measure when you bake.
Help plant, water, and weed garden.
- Community helpers, holidays, famous Americans
Make holidays special by reading books/watching videos about the
history of the holiday.
- Create a special meal for the different holidays... heart
pancakes for Valentines Day.
- Visit your local fire station/police station to learn more about
- Read a Bible story book
- Tell stories using flannel graph
- Go over the Sunday school
papers together from church.
Do you have any
Creative Preschool Curriculum Ideas?
Share with us your fun preschool ideas! How have you taught math, the alphabet, etc...? What do you do?
Return from Preschool Curriculum Ideas to Home School Preschool
Return from Preschool Curriculum Ideas to Pros and Cons of Homeschooling