Saxon Math Home School Curriculum
Quoting from their Saxon's web site:
Saxon Math Home School is the nation’s most comprehensive and most thoroughly researched homeschool math program, with more than 30 years of proven success.
Saxon home school mathematics for grades K–12 is based on the teaching principles of incremental development, continual practice and review, and cumulative assessment.
Saxon Math K-3rd Grade
Kit contains -
Teaches basic arithmetic concepts, geometry, patterns, time, and more. Each lesson is scripted for the parent.to help make teaching easier and to help as the right questions.Uses easy Manipulatives and worksheets to review.Manipulatives are available in one kit that can be used for all four years.
- Student Workbook (two books, practice pages, lesson masters, assessments, and fact sheets) and Fact Cards.
- Teacher's Manual (a spiral-bound book with 112 lessons in kindergarten and 140 lessons in third grade)
- Meeting Book (a consumable book used at the beginning of the day)
Saxon Math Middle Grades:
Kit contains -
Moves students from primary math to algebra.Transitions students from manipulatives and worksheets to a textbook.Emphasizes developing algebraic reasoning and geometric concepts. A new concept is introduced and a review of previous concepts.Solutions Manual gives step-by-step solutions for all problems in the book.CD-ROM supplement offers lesson instruction videos and video problem solutions.
- Student textbook - 120 lessons and 12 investigations,
- Tests and Worksheets Booklet - includes tests and fact practice worksheets.
- Solutions Manual -step-by-step solutions to all lessons, investigations, and test questions
Saxon Math High School
College PrepOffers a textbook, tests, and a Solutions Manual. Kit includes textbook and Homeschool Packet (with test forms, textbook answers, and test answers), and a Solutions Manual.Kits are available for Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, Advanced Math, and Calculus.CD-ROM offers lesson instruction videos and video problem solutions for Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, and Advanced Math.
What do you think about Saxon Math?
Did you like this curriculum? What was your favorite part? What did you dislike?
Other Great Saxon Math Reviews
Click below to see reviews from other visitors to this page...
We love Saxon Math Not rated yet
It is very easy to use and has almost no teacher prep. My favorite part is that it is all scheduled for me and all I have to do is pick up the teacher …
Like but time consuming Not rated yet
We are doing 2nd grade Saxon math. My daughters love it, I feel they learn really well from it. But with three kids it takes quite awhile to complete just …
Click here to write your own.
Return from Saxon Math Home School to Homeschool Curriculum Reviews
Return to Pros and Cons of Homeschooling
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.