Are you struggling with the disadvantages of homeschooling? As a mother who is homeschooling right now, I can understand the frustrations and struggles with homeschooling.
Are there disadvantages of homeschooling? Of course there are!!
As with anything a person trys, there will always be advantages and
disadvantages. To be completely honest...homeschooling is hard!
1. Teaching your children five days a week, can seem like you never get a break from the children. Check out my guidelines for a great Homeschool Schedule! It is important to make sure you have time for yourself and school continues to flow smoothly!!
2. If your children are currently in the public school system, homeschooling can seem like you are spending more money than you're used to on your children's' education. But does it have to be expensive? It is possible to have affordable homeschooling!!! Remember you are investing in her future!
3.Do homeschoolers have a socialization problem? Some people argue that there are social disadvantages of homeschooling.
4. Learning to be patient when your child is not getting the new concept, is often difficult...take a deep breath and start over. You can teach; and your child can learn!
5. One person has to give up that second income and be at home. Homeschooling means one parent has to be home. We have lived on one income ever since my husband and I got married. Although is it can be hard, with careful budgeting and menu planning, ones income can be managed!
6. No matter what method of homeschooling you choose, it still takes time. I have found teaching to be a lot of work, yet the rewards far outweigh the negative effects of homeschooling!
7. Constantly justifying why you are homeschooling can be frustrating, yet it can be a perfect opportunity to share the pros and cons of homeschooling with people. I have my reasons all ready for that curious person and a ready smile. It works almost every time!
8. Feeling overwhelmed on how to even start homeschooling. I remember before I began how scared and overwhelmed...I still get overwhelmed!! :)
9. Teaching a large age range is personally one of the more difficult areas for me...
10. Finding the time to clean and manage the house. Check out how I have set up a chore schedule and organized our home to help the household run more smooth.
Homeschooling is hard… There are real negative effects of homeschooling. Anyone that says otherwise has either never homeschooled or lives in a magical world where nothing ever goes wrong and the children always behave perfectly!
Do you have any disadvantages or frustrations you have experienced?
Share your biggest problems and how you overcame them!
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Disadvantages of Homeschooling: Lots of homeschooled kids have much better social skills than unhomeschooled kids!
My children are homeschooled, and they are the friendliest, most well-adjusted kids I know! They can socialize with anyone of any age, and regularly …
Disadvantages of Homeschooling
I know many adults who homeschool and students. One of the problems that continue to occur is... social problems. The kid/student always acts weird in …
Some Homeschool Children Lose What Reality Is
We have had 3 children in home school. So far one has graduated. It is our daughter, she had straight A's and went on to a very good school although because …
Discouraged in Ohio
This is my first year homeschooling our 4th grader and preschooler. We also have an older 6th grader in public school as well as a two-year-old. I find …
From my Experiance: Social Disadvantages of Homeschooling Not rated yet
I myself was homeschooled from 4th grade all the way through high school. Now that I am in college; I have found it very easy to make new friends and talk …
Disadvantaged? Really? Not rated yet
I was public schooled through sixth grade, then homeschooled for the next five years. If anything, I became more outgoing and social. I learned how to …
Socialization...An Imagined Problem Not rated yet
A lot of people are always arguing that socialization is a reason that you should not homeschool your children. They say that homeschooled children …